Thursday, July 19, 2007

Real Vs Imaginary.

This is just an attempt to reflect my view of real and imaginary world. Will add more whenever i find time. Einstein said,
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.
I love mathematics and transitivity holds. That means most of the times i dwell in this imaginary world which does not refer to reality. Most of us are in this state of mind at least for sometime.
Of course, i imagine a lot. If anything is not like what i have imagined,
i just can't accept it. Approximations, are mandatory in order to apply a mathematical theory to a
physical situation to understand the situation practically. Because physically nothing can be understood by a pure mathematical theory. I imagine a story behind everything i come across.
It may be the number sequence, swarasthana of swaras, a raaga, a star, an unseen place or people.
This has made me enjoy abstract things in mathematics in my own way and has made me love mathematics, pure mathematics the most. Also it lead me to love raagas such as Maalkouns or Hindola, by feeling them. But it has also made me suffer a lot. Indeed you will learn to live when such processings take place inside your mind. But reality, most of the times has proved the contradictions particularly with people. That means, when imagination is applied to a real situation as it is. It certainly needs some approximations. This is my claim. It may be very early to conclude so. Hope my experience with time, physics and mathematics will give more acceptable proofs and hope i learn more. Do you call it madness? This state of mind, is called madness or absent mindedness if it belongs to a normal person. If it is of great people, it is called "Antharmukhi", or turned to ones own self state. Why?? This state of mind will be there
for all. If you make good use of it, it may lead to your success, increase your analyzing power etc. If you allow yourself to suffer, you will be no-where but mad. It can be most challenging to find both the states in phase and realize the self, which may be the ultimate truth.
That will lead to take a complete control over your mind??

4 comments:

Vasudha said...

Nice way of writing ur feelings. I had got to know your imagination power when you used to sing :-) - Closing your eyes. And when you used to describe Ragas. Keep writing. Good luck.

Anusha L S said...

Thanx

Chaos Unlimited said...

Do you really 'feel' the raga???? I am just curious-When u say that you 'feel' it what exactly do you feel when u listen to 'Hindola'???
-Ravi

Anusha L S said...

I imagine the swara-sthanas or in other words, i have a place in my mind for each swara. What I feel can only be felt, not expressible in words!! :)